WOW! Registration for the runDisney Disneyland half marathon opened at noon yesterday and Dumbo sold out in under 45 minutes! (remember, Dumbo is the combination of the 10k and half marathon).
As of last night at 7:30 est, the Half marathon was at 99% full
the 10k was sold out
the 5k was at 92% full
and the kids races were sold out.
Unfortunately I will not be participating this year in the races (flying to California is expensive!) but I am so glad I got to experience the inaugural event with my husband.
The event weekend is again taking place over Labor day 2014. The 5k and 10k will be held on different days, as opposed to the same day like in 2013.
2:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 28
10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. on Friday, August 29
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, August 30
Location: Disneyland® Hotel Exhibit Hall
-The Pasta in the park Party is at 89% full and will take place Saturday, August 30th from 6:00-7:30 pm in the Disneyland theme park.
(picture from 2013, ignore the hours).
This race also includes a new “Welcome Event” that you can pay to attend, (it is now sold out). It will be held on Thursday morning, early (5:30 am) at the California Adventure Park. The event costs $89.
The Welcome Event features:
- Official Welcome from runDisney
- Question and Answer Session and Dynamic Warm-up with Runner’s World Experts
- Official Welcome to California with a ride on Soarin’ Over California
- One (1) hour early entry into “Official runDisney Merchandise area” on Thursday, August 28, 2014
- runDisney bag which includes a runDisney tech shirt and a Runner’s World Magazine
***To sign up for any of the open events, be sure to visit runDisney.com
QOTD: Will you be going to Disneyland and running in any of these events? What are your thoughts on the new “Welcome Event?”