You may remember awhile back runDisney and Runner’s World announced a new partnership for the Walt Disney World marathon weekend. In case you missed it or forgot, here are the details:
Runner’s World Challenge participants will receive:*
- Entry to the 20th Anniversary Walt Disney World® Marathon, Half Marathon, or Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge with preferred corral placement
- A membership in a 16-week training plan designed by The Runner’s World Experts, and Chief Running Officer Bart Yasso, who has coached hundreds of elites, celebs, and everyday runners (celebrity/VIP appearances subject to change or cancellation without notice)**
- Weekly e-mails from Bart with guidance on training, nutrition, injury prevention, and motivation
- One year of access to the Runner’s World Challenge experts on nutrition, training, and injury-prevention
- Access to a private Runner’s World Challenge web site, where you connect with other runners training for the race
- A copy of The Runner’s World Complete Book of Running
- A Runner’s World Challenge tech shirt
- A four-month premium membership to Runner’s World Personal Trainer, our interactive training log
- Private packet pick-up for Runner’s World Challenge participants at the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo
- Commemorative 20th Anniversary Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend keepsake gift
- Pre-race course strategy session with the Runner’s World experts and editors (on the afternoon of January 11, 2013 for the Half Marathon/Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge runners, or on January 12, 2013 for the Marathon/Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge runners)
- Shakeout runs at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex with the Runner’s World team
- Entry to the Pasta in the Park Party on Saturday night at Epcot® where the Runner’s World VIPs & editors will be in attendance (party includes buffet pasta dinner, live DJ, Disney characters and viewing of the fireworks spectacular Illuminations: Reflections of Earth at Epcot®)
- Entry to the Race Retreat
- Pre-race amenities include hot and cold beverages with fruit and bagels, dedicated stretching area, and private portalets & bag check
- Post-race amenities include a nutritious buffet, massage, private portalet & bag pick up, and live results
- Post-race celebration on Sunday night at the Cool Down at Downtown Disney® Area
Wow! That’s a lot! While this sounds like a great program, it wasn’t ideal for people who were already registered for the race. So, in true runDisney fashion, they have come up with an upgrade program so that even if you have already registered for the race, you can still take part in the Runner’s World challenge:
If you have already booked your race registration for Marathon Weekend, you can still upgrade to the Runner’s WorldChallenge Package. Simply book your Runner’s World Challenge Package online now and email the runDisney team to request a refund of your current race registration.
Also, you can now upgrade to the package even if you have already booked your Disney hotel:
We are making it even easier for runners to participate in the Runner’s World Challenge during the 20th Anniversary Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna. Now, even if you have already booked a hotel, you can still take advantage of a new package that includes all of the extraordinary amenities offered by the Runner’s World Challenge, such as training programs by Runner’s World editors and access to the Race Retreat and Pasta in the Park Party. And if you’ve already registered for the marathon, you can upgrade to the Runner’s World Challenge package.
Sweet! Now anyone can participate easily. If you have any questions about how this works please feel free to e mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Be sure to enter my giveaway!
Get Your Free Printable Set!
Sign up to get my free printables on goal setting & fitness tracking.