it’s official! The Rock ‘N’ Roll New Orleans marathon and half marathon will have a fun new addition in 2015: the 10k distance! Not quite ready to tackle the half? You can still participate in the race weekend with the all new 10k.
Here is a picture of the race course:
***Enter code LOOKINGGLASS10k at checkout for $5 off 10k registration. ***
Also in other news, the marathon course will be undergoing some changes from last year as well. Here is the new course map:
If you are familiar with the area, you may find the below turn by turn changes beneficial!
- Turn left onto Carrolton, out-back to Canal (access lanes on the outside of Carrolton)
- Marconi one way to Robert E. Lee (allowing southbound travel on Marconi)
- East on Robert E. Lee (in eastbound lanes, leaving westbound lanes open for travel) to St. Bernard (St. Bernard will be used out-and back to Lakeshore Dr.)
- Out and back on Lakeshore Drive to get necessary distance (past UNO/Elysian Fields, similar to the turnaround location last year)
- From St. Bernard, we will return to City Park on the east side of the park using Wisner to Harrison Dr.
- West into the Park on Harrison Dr. to the round-a-bout and south on Diagonal Dr. (whole road once inside the park)
- From Diagonal, left on Magnolia by the Bark Park and Left on Zachary Taylor Dr. to Golf Dr.
- South where Golf Dr. turns into Henry Thomas Dr. and around to Roosevelt Mall and the Finish.
As you can see, lots of exciting stuff happening as we get closer to the main event. I am so excited for the 10k addition, it means more of my running friends will be joining in! The 10k is a great middle distance if you know you can run a 5k but aren’t ready for a half marathon. You can do it! Go sign up!
QOTD: Do you like the 10k distance?
Emma Kate’s birth story, part II will be up tomorrow or Thursday!